[Foundation-l] Porchesia

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Mon Oct 2 23:54:41 UTC 2006

Gregory Maxwell wrote:

>On 10/1/06, Luiz Augusto <lugusto at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>WikiMedia isn't only WikiPedia. I'm on wikibreak in anothers wikis and now
>>edit only in Wikisource. I can't find any problem with encyclopedic articles
>>because my home wiki is intended to host only primary sources.
>>English Wikipedia have your on mailing list and wikipedia-l is intended to
>>be a mailing list for global issues on Wikipedia projects. The
>>question of credibility
>>is relevant to all Wikimedia projects, but attempts in talk about
>>encyclopedia credibility is not relevant to all Wikimedia projects.
>>

>It's funny that you'd effectively accuse the person who is probably
>the #1 human contributor to enWiksource (Danny) of having project
>tunnel vision.

Get off it!  I see no implicit accusation of anybody in Luiz's
comments.  There are valid arguments for and against, in deciding the
list on which this thread belongs.  For one person to disagree with
another on this kind of thing does not imply accusation.  Assume good faith.

>The fact of the matter is that the problems discussed in this thread
>are a real concern for all of our projects, including Wikisource.
>
>Any solution which would help us keep imaginary islands out of
>Wikisource would also likely help us keep imaginary primary sources
>out of Wikisource.

Sources of any kind, not just primary ones.  Erik's "source" for
[[Porchesia]] might have kept the island there even longer than no
source at all.  Too bad for our hoaxer that he didn't think of that.

Ec