[Foundation-l] [Wikipedia-l] Mywikipediaspace

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Mon Oct 2 23:08:06 UTC 2006

Alison Wheeler wrote:

>Whilst I love the fact that our projects are "open" the massive growth we
>haev experienced has clearly led to problems with commercial cruft in a
>few - which will no doubt expand to the others in time - and this might
>well be the right way to go. I would support something of this nature.

I guess I don't see how this in any way helps that goal.  How is a
"terms of service" any more useful than the existing Wikipedia
policies?  We can already ban anyone we want and ask them not to come
back, and don't need any sort of legal terms of service to do that.  We
aren't offering a paid service, so don't need a legal terms of service
as a way of terminating anyone's right to use our service, since we
never sold any such right in the first place.

-Mark