[Foundation-l] Taipei chosen to host Wikimania 2007

Stephen Bain stephen.bain at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 09:10:05 UTC 2006

On 10/2/06, valdelli at bluemail.ch <valdelli at bluemail.ch> wrote:

> To go in Taipei or in Boston or in Sidney is very expensive for a
> wikipedian, and most of all wikipedians are students with a little
> bit of money.

"For a Wikipedian"? I presume you meant to say "for a Wikipedian in
Europe". There are plenty of contributors in other parts of the world,
including an emergent community across Asia for whom Taipei is a
highly accessible location.

It's expensive both ways to travel long distances, remember, so
choosing location based on population is a surefire way to guarantee
that huge numbers of Wikimedians will never attend a Wikimania.

--
Stephen Bain
stephen.bain at gmail.com