[Foundation-l] Porchesia

daniwo59 at aol.com daniwo59 at aol.com
Mon Oct 2 01:22:57 UTC 2006

Quick clarification. I am certainly not the most active editor on en
wikisource. There are plenty of great people there with more edits than me, with
special shoutouts to Pathoschild, BirgitteSB, Jude, Zhaladshar, Shanel, and many
others to numerous to mention.

In a message dated 10/1/2006 9:10:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
gmaxwell at gmail.com writes:

On  10/1/06, Luiz Augusto <lugusto at gmail.com> wrote:
> WikiMedia isn't  only WikiPedia. I'm on wikibreak in anothers wikis and now
> edit only  in Wikisource. I can't find any problem with encyclopedic
articles
>  because my home wiki is intended to host only primary sources.
> English  Wikipedia have your on mailing list and wikipedia-l is intended to
> be  a mailing list for global issues on Wikipedia projects. The
> question  of credibility
> is relevant to all Wikimedia projects, but attempts in  talk about
> encyclopedia credibility is not relevant to all Wikimedia  projects.

It's funny that you'd effectively accuse the person who is  probably
the #1 human contributor to enWiksource (Danny) of having  project
tunnel vision.

The fact of the matter is that the problems  discussed in this thread
are a real concern for all of our projects,  including Wikisource.

Any solution which would help us keep imaginary  islands out of
Wikisource would also likely help us keep imaginary primary  sources
out of Wikisource.

Collectively we need to figure out how to  work together better across
the project and linguistic barriers that divide  us.  Simply putting
our heads in the sand and pretending that the  difficulties of openness
are limited to enwiki is  counterproductive.
foundation-l  mailing  list
foundation-l at wikimedia.org