[Foundation-l] Taipei chosen to host Wikimania 2007

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia.com
Sun Oct 1 17:33:08 UTC 2006

Alison Wheeler wrote:
> Brad's support for Torino during the selection period, and Jimbo's recent
> comment here are, to my mind, very out of place and could easily suggest
> to many that there is pressure being brought on them.

Allow me to clarify that I did not vote in this years selection process,
and have no intention of voting in next years.  My comment about Torino
was based on two things: the closeness of the competition this year, and
my own love of visiting Italy in the summer, which I don't get to do
very often.  It was intended as a personal remark only... to cheer up
the Italians. :)

--Jimbo