[Foundation-l] Corporate vanity policy enforcement

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Sun Oct 1 23:05:51 UTC 2006

David Gerard wrote:

>On 29/09/06, geni <geniice at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>On 9/29/06, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>>And remember: most text appears to be written by newcomers and
>>>occasional editors, not the regulars. (Numbers not firm on this one
>>>per AaronSw, but I understand others are checking his work.)

Newbies add text because they don't know how to do anything else.  They
have not evolved far enough yet to be spending their entire day wanking
on their policy.

>>>See, that's the sort of thing we're good at. Be open to input from
>>>all, even if a tweaked vandal-checking bot puts it in a patrolling
>>>admin's "#redirect [[round file]]" list.
>>>

>>Problem is that there isn't much else you can do. Unwikified, linking
>>to a site that contains the article title in the url and created by a
>>one off user (and not linking to myspace). But that could apply to so
>>many things.
>>

>So? Linkless articles and orphans are easily added to a round-file
>list. It's not quite like they hit 'save', think it saved and it
>disappeared, but it's that with a delay.

It's a lot easier to put an article on the road to deletion than to
start creating links on it.  There is a risk that wikifying might
require thinking about what one is doing.

Ec