[Foundation-l] Six criteria for Wikipedia inclusion

Andre Engels andreengels at gmail.com
Sun Oct 1 12:19:58 UTC 2006

2006/10/1, Anthony <wikilegal at inbox.org>:

> One criterion that I explicitly do not include is how popular
> something is.  In fact, I think the less popular something is the
> *more* useful it is to include information about it in Wikipedia.

I disagree. Is it more useful to have information on a random band
from the local scene than to have it on the Beatles? Is it more useful
to have the soccer results of the second team of the 14- and 15-year
old youth team of FC Smallville than those of AC Milan? Is it more
useful to have information on me (having 'published' a PhD thesis)
than on George Orwell?

Andre Engels, andreengels at gmail.com
ICQ: 6260644  --  Skype: a_engels