[Foundation-l] Vandalism and small wikis

Darko Bulatovic mail at itam.ws
Wed Nov 29 12:04:32 UTC 2006

Yann Forget wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Some wikis are plagued with vandalism, spams and non sense. Moldavan
> Wikipedia seems the worst at this time, but there have been others too.
> These projects do not bring any free knowledge to anybody, just a lot of
> works for volunteers (hopefully there are great volunteers like Pill)
> and stewards.
>
> Regarding the Moldavan Wikipedia (http://mo.wikipedia.org), the
> administrators election was already cancelled twice because of massive
> attacks. Sincere editors have been discouraged and have left. So the
> wiki is just a battle field for vandals, trolls and sockpuppets. There
> is no expected improvement in the near future because the language
> itself is in the middle of a political controversy.
>
> I forsee the same situation for the Montenegrin Wikipedia if it is
> created. These wikis only give a bad image of Wikimedia. I think that
> the Foundation should take its responsibilities and take some decisions.
>
> Regards,
>
> Yann

I cant believe my eyes that you Yann say this. How in the God sake you
can forsee such thing about Montenegrin wikipedia? Montenegrin wikipedia
gives bad image of Wikimedia? This statement that you did give bad image
to WMF.  You don't have any  argument to say this and to support your
statement.
Please elaborate this on Montenegrin request for Wikipedia.

Wikipedia is multilingual and multicultural project, without that WMF
don't have right to use that statement. What was done with Montenegrin
request is just showing what kind of lobbying is possible on WMF.

Regards,
Darko bulatovic
President of IT Association of Montenegro