[Foundation-l] Permissions page on wikimediafoundation.org?

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 15:31:41 UTC 2006

I keep getting email from people asking permission to use stuff. Is
there a simple permissions page on wikimediafoundation.org? I'm
thinking of something that can be linked from [[Contact us]] the way
[[Press room]] is.

(The request that provoked me to write this was a recent request for
logo use permission in a press article about Wikipedia. Which, as I
understand it, we allow fairly freely. But I can't find the page on
it.)

I'm thinking of something simpler than the reuse page I started on
Commons: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Reuse - possibly something
that just says:

* Content: almost all text and images on Wikimedia sites are ''not''
owned by Wikimedia. You can reuse them under the relevant free-content
licence, or by direct arrangement with the creator. See (link to above
commons page).
* Wikipedia/Wikimedia logos: see [[logo use policy]].
* ...

- d.