[Foundation-l] About web streaming in Wikimania

SJ 2.718281828 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 06:33:56 UTC 2006

Hi Littlebtc,

We don't have good numbers for this, unfortunately.  I also don't
think they would be very telling, as streaming was not widely promoted
either of the past two years.  The right answer will depend largely on
how many people know it is available.

Perhaps you can do a poll of people who expect they would use it; I
would guess that at least 200 streams would be used if available and
well-promoted.  If you make remote participation a core element of the
conference, you could attract more interest than that.

--SJ

On 11/21/06, 小犬 <sst.dreams at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone, I am Littlebtc, a member of Wikimania 2007 planning team.
>
> When we talk to sponsors about web streaming sponsorship,  they want
> to know how many people will use web streaming to watch the conference
> so that they can help us.
>
> So we'd like to know the amount of web streaming listener, or
> bandwidth of the streaming website during Wikimania 2006.

++SJ