[Foundation-l] wikicouncil

Damian Finol damian at igluve.org
Sun Nov 19 23:24:30 UTC 2006

James Hare wrote:
> Yes, I had heard that earlier.
>
> Anyways, in that case we would have the Board of Trustees, the Advisory
> Council, and the Wiki Council. Three councils. Why should we have three? Why
> couldn't we compress it down to, oh, 2?
>
> On 11/19/06, Ray Saintonge <saintonge at telus.net> wrote:
>> James Hare wrote:
>>
>>> I feel that if we were to set up a secondary council, it should be that
>> of
>>> outside people with talents that would be beneficial to the Foundation.
>>>
>> I think your mixing this proposal up with the idea of an advisory
>> council which could still be an entirely different body.
>>
>> Ec

It's a form of Wikiocracy, each one has it's tasks and serves for a
specific purpose.

In the case of the Wiki Council, I've seen some previous drafts and it's
more of a representation of several projects in some sort of House of
Representatives, the objective of which is, that every project and
subproject has a voice with a fixed ammount of people, for example 3
from major projects, 2 for sub projects and other numbers I've seen.

It's our form of Wikiocracy, and I think it's a good idea.

Anthere, I would love to discuss this and participate in anyway possible.

Regards,

Damian Finol