[Foundation-l] wikicouncil

Erik Zachte erikzachte at infodisiac.com
Sun Nov 19 19:09:40 UTC 2006

Actually I think earlier attemps to discuss WikiCouncil failed partially
because too few people knew about it.
There was hardly any mentioning of
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikicouncil on mailing lists when the initial
proposal was produced, if I remember correctly.

I'm not sure if the proverbial 'design by committee' does not lead to
watered down compromises.
Maybe after some initial brainstorming we could solicit individual
proposals, in a more or less uniform format.
A similar method is used often at Wikimedia, from logo design to main page
designs.
Then the community can provide feedback and the most appealing proposal(s)
be further explored.

Erik Zachte