[Foundation-l] wikimedia blocked again in China

Tomasz Ganicz polimerek at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 10:38:20 UTC 2006

2006/11/17, Dariusz Siedlecki <datrio at gmail.com>:
> On 11/17/06, Alphax (Wikipedia email) <alphasigmax at gmail.com> wrote:
> > shi zhao wrote:
> > <snip>
> > > "Q: Second question, the Chinese version of Wikipedia, which has been
> > > censored since last October, has been unblocked last week. What's your
> > > comment?
> > >
> > > A: I'm not aware of the information on the website you mentioned.
> >
> > What, they don't know that we exist?
>
> I think he ment "I'm not aware that we unblocked it". That would prove
> my theory, that the unblocking was an accident :(.

It's funny that just two days ago, the largest Polish newspaper
"Gazeta Wyborcza" has announced that Wikipedia is unblocked in China:

http://gospodarka.gazeta.pl/gospodarka/1,33181,3739338.html

and they have written that it is good example that "hard-talks" w
China goverment may give good results....

--
Tomek "Polimerek" Ganicz
http://www.poli.toya.net.pl