[Foundation-l] Fwd: Commons needs patrollers and future admins

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 07:51:41 UTC 2006

> On 11/14/06, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I just sent this to wikien-l asking for helpers. Presumably there are
> > tags, etc. for non-admin patrollers to tag suspect images. Something
> > like this posted to other language Wikipedias would be a good idea, I
> > suspect.
>
> Yes.
> {{delete}}

I think the behaviour of template:delete is slightly different on enwp
and Commons. For Commons, it is a deletion request (normal discussion,
like IFD on enwp). On enwp, it is a speedy deletion marker.

For speedy deletion - these should be extremely obvious cases where no
discussion is required, like album covers and obvious press shots and
the like - there is {{copyvio}}.

At any rate, I encourage anyone interested in helping to install this
- http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Quick-delete.js (there
are instructions there) - it will save you tons of time as it
automatically notifies uploaders.

cheers,
Brianna
user:pfctdayelise