[Foundation-l] Foundation logo : pain and suffering

Delphine Ménard notafishz at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 16:48:50 UTC 2006

On 11/14/06, Oldak Quill <oldakquill at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 14/11/06, SJ <2.718281828 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > This has caused me pain and suffering for some time, as some of you
> > know, but I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere in public since the
> > dawn of logotime: The WMF logo is asymmetric.  most notably the green
> > region, but also the blue (varying width, inner and outer rings not
> > quite parallel).   As long as the newly revisited commons logo is
> > being considered
> >
> > Can this be fixed?  Should it be?  Does this asymmetry cause just
> > enough subliminal disjuncture that it sticks in peoples mind?  ...and
> > causes them to do crazy things?  ...and causes them to run out and
> > snap free-content photos of celebrities?
>
> Now that I see it, it causes me great pain and woeful suffering. Why
> has it not been fixed before?

Because we were too busy making sure no derivatives were ever issued. *grins*

Could it be that the official logo is actually a derivative itself?

/me starts shivering.

Ok Sam, you won, i'll be working on it shortly. Give me the week-end
to issue all new official Wikimedia logos, if that be my swan's song.

(/me can see Sam do the happy dance)

Delphine
--
~notafish