[Foundation-l] [Commons-l] Principles of organisation - who do we serve?

Birgitte SB birgitte_sb at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 14 16:21:31 UTC 2006

Is it 90%?  I haven't seen anyone actually define what
the problem is on foundation-l at least.  Is it images
with no info, or false info?   Or is just that the new
users aren't using Commons category system unrelated
to copyright?  I tried to read the Commons-l archive
to catch up, but I am still unclear on what scope of
the problem is.  Does anyone actually have numbers?

Without really knowing the situation, I would say that
I believe all communities struggle to keep up on these
things.  Everyone has backlogs they are working
through and these things happen in cycles.  One month
you make great progress, another month things are
overwhelming and ground is lost.  Perhaps threatening
drastic action is a good way to draw attention and
hopefully solutions when the situation gets
particularly bad.  However I think it would really be
useful to talk about the real numbers in this
situation. How much worse is it than what others are
dealing with?

Birgitte SB