[Foundation-l] [Commons-l] Principles of organisation - who do we serve?

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 10:30:13 UTC 2006

On 14/11/06, Brianna Laugher <brianna.laugher at gmail.com> wrote:

> (...and perhaps we can make the pertinent point, without whining too
> much, which led some people to consider this option: overwhelming
> copyvios and underwhelming supply of labour.)

I recall that when en:wp was having problems with vandalism of the
Main Page featured article image, Commons admins were remarkably
difficult to find. So some asked "could we have an admin on en: made
an admin on Commons for this reason?" and got back "well, why don't
you make all Commons admins admins on en: first."

Some people in the Commons community seem to want it both ways. Is
Commons an entirely independent project or does it, as a service
project, need to open itself up to administration by people from other
projects to keep up with its actual original purpose?

This discussion appears to demonstrate Commons simply isn't making
admins through its own processes anywhere near fast enough and its
processes need radical revision.

- d.