[Foundation-l] [Commons-l] Bands from Brazil - Why?

David Monniaux David.Monniaux at free.fr
Tue Nov 14 00:19:10 UTC 2006

David Gerard wrote:

>I'm not trolling; I'm being appalled at the attitude of Commons admins
>to the projects that are supposed to be using Commons, particularly
>es: and pt: for which Commons is their only image store.

David, you're generalizing. Say "some Commons admins" if you wish, but
don't paint everyone with the same brush.

In addition, there's definitely a problem if projects decide to close
local uploads and redirect everybody to commons and:
1) They don't warn Commons beforehand.
2) At least some of their admins don't apply for adminship on Commons.

We just cannot cope with languages we don't speak.

-- DM