[Foundation-l] Anti-vandalism IRC channel for small projects

Guillaume Paumier guillom.pom at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 12:19:02 UTC 2006

Hello,

I have been willing for quite a long time now to create an anti-vandalism
channel on IRC dedicated to projets with a small community and with few
edits (usually called "small projects"). There are already some tools [1]
but I think an IRC channel would be really practical. Despite TangoTanto's
great efforts and help, I have not been able to run pgk's bot [2] reporting
possible vandalism for dozens of projets on the same IRC channel. So now I
am asking for help from people who are more skilled than me in technical
stuff and Python (although being more skilled than me in those fields isn't
very difficult). I have already registered a channel on freenode [3] where
TangoTango and I have been trying to run the bot correctly for weeks, in
vain.

Being able to watch vandalism on small projects is really important since
there are few people to revert them. Please help running the bot or
modifying it so as to be able to manage multiple small projects on the same
channel.

Thanks.

guillom

[1] See http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/SWMT
[2] http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Pgkbot
[3] irc://irc.freenode.org/wm-vandalism-small
--
Guillaume Paumier
Disciplus Simplex