[Foundation-l] Fundraising idea

Oldak Quill oldakquill at gmail.com
Sun Nov 12 08:26:40 UTC 2006

On 10/11/06, Anthere <Anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> By the way, we should also think of ways that more editors can be
> stimulated to help on OTRS for free.
>
> We have a need for people to help on press inquiries as well.
>
> We apparently also lack help for writing press releases.
>
> Volunteers welcome. And ideas to stimulate them as well ;)

We somehow need to make people among the general Wikimedia population
aware that they could be more effectively working for for Wikimedia.
Programmers need to know that they could make a much-appreciated
contribution, those who are eloquent writers should be made aware that
they could help on press releases and whatnot.

I'm not exactly sure how this could done but it should probably
involve utilizing community areas and selectively reaching out to some
users.

--
Oldak Quill (oldakquill at gmail.com)