[Foundation-l] Sexual harassment in Wikipedia

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Sat Nov 11 01:33:12 UTC 2006

> Essentially I agree. It all comes down to mature judgement, and who is
> capable of exercising it.  We have a lot of people who can too easily
> jump to conclusions.

Yes. One question is whether we want every language and project
community to develop its own policy on these matters, or whether this
is an area where it makes sense to have a single policy that is
localized. This goes for checkuser and oversight as well. Perhaps an
in-between solution makes sense, where the WMF requires that local
policies identify and propose a group that consists of the most
trusted users before granting these privileges on a language/project
level.

Perhaps it should also be a requirement that users who have the
technical permission to use these tools disclose their identity to the
WMF, so we have someone to deal with in case of abuse.
--
Peace & Love,
Erik

Member, Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees

DISCLAIMER: Unless otherwise stated, all views or opinions expressed
in this message are solely my own and do not represent an official
position of the Wikimedia Foundation or its Board of Trustees.