[Foundation-l] Help needed to develop fundraising appeal ideas

daniwo59 at aol.com daniwo59 at aol.com
Tue Nov 7 03:01:43 UTC 2006

WMF has nowhere close to $500k in its bank account(s).

In a message dated 11/6/2006 10:58:45 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
messedrocker at gmail.com writes:

WMF has  around $500k in its bank account last I heard, though they're going
to be  spending AT LEAST that on servers. Keep in mind nothing I say  is
official.

Downtime? I think the concern is more with slowness  than downtime.

On 11/6/06, Rory Stolzenberg <rory096 at gmail.com>  wrote:

> How much downtime have we had recently, and is that  significant compared
> sites with similar  popularities?
>
> How many new servers do we need right now? How  many over the next few
> months?
>
> On 11/6/06, Anthony  <wikilegal at inbox.org> wrote:
> >
> > On 11/6/06,  Daniel Mayer <maveric149 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > > A good  fundraising appeal succinctly presents some of the great things
> >  we previously have done
> > > (with an emphasis on what has been  done since the last fundraiser) and
> > presents some ideas on  what
> > > can be done in the future with additional funds. The  point is to
> impress
> > potential donors on our
> >  > track record and instill in them confidence that their support will  be
> > well spent and they can be
> > > part of something  revolutionary.
> > >

> > How much does  Wikimedia currently have in cash?
> >
> > How much does the  Foundation need for the next 6 months?
> >
> >  Anthony

foundation-l  mailing  list
foundation-l at wikimedia.org