[Foundation-l] Domains

Damian Finol damian at igluve.org
Tue Nov 7 01:34:51 UTC 2006

Anthere wrote:
> Damian Finol wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> A small report on this too:
>>
>> Wikipedia.org.ve has been registered by a squatter, is not for sale yet
>> but is not being used either (DNS is wrong)
>>
>> Wikimedia.org.ve has been registered by me and is currently being used
>> to setup the Venezuelan Chapter, like I've said in previous posts if the
>> chapter doesn't go through, we'll happily cede/donate the domain to the
>> foundation.
>>
>> The good thing about the Venezuelan NIC is that you have to be
>> physically in Venezuela to register a domain (It requires a deposit in a
>> Bank that's only in Venezuela).
>>
>> If there are other .ve domains that we should secure, please let me know
>>   through email.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Damian Finol.
>
> added as well :-)
>
> Ey Damian. Nobody amongst you motivated to get involved in Wikimania
> program ?
>
> Ant

Hey Ant,

I already volunteered to work on Wikimania 2008 :), I had a chat with
Theodoranian and told him I was more than available to participate and
do whatever it is they need me to do, I'm also in the wikimania-l mail
list :). I'll see if any of the other guys in Venezuela is interested,
but is not going to be easy to raise money to go there (not to mention
getting Visas). I'm already saving up money and now I have a grand total
of 105$! out of 2400$ in Air fare :).

Anyways, if there's anything else I can do, either for the Foundation or
    to Wikimania, I'm available (I defend Thesis on Nov 20, so after
that I'm pretty much done with university yay! :) ).

Regards,

Damian Finol
Maracaibo, Venezuela.