[Foundation-l] Wikimania 2007 Team Bulletin, 5 November, 2006

Anthere Anthere9 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 6 01:34:04 UTC 2006

Gatto Nero wrote:
> 2006/11/6, mingwangx <mingwangx at gmail.com>:
>
>>The program
>>   committee members are:
>>[CUT]
>

> Cute, quite the same members who made the decision of the hosting city.
> No conflict of interest, of course.
> All is good, no problem anywhere.

Actually, when you think about it, the overlap means we are quite
strong. Many of the people involved last year (and sometimes two years
ago) are still very eager to participate into making Wikimania something
real big. If none of those were involved, we would lose some of the best
practices developped during the past two events. So, I am happy to see
this overlap.

This said... we *need* south americans on this program committee.
Anyone willing to join ?

Maybe a pinch of japanese could be cool as well (would help to get
people to know one another).

And what about a drop of russian ? The russian wikipedia is now quite
big and we hardly know about them either. Is there a russian wikipedian
on this list ?

Anthere