[Foundation-l] News from English Wikisource

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 13:50:37 UTC 2006

On 05/11/06, daniwo59 at aol.com <daniwo59 at aol.com> wrote:

> I thought it would be a good idea to share some news about another  project,
> the English Wikisource, which has been doing some remarkable work in  the past
> few months, thanks to a small group of dedicated editors and  contributors.
> First for some background: Wikisource is much more than a library of old  and
> PD texts. It can, and should, operate in tandem with the other projects, by
> providing the background to the information we offer. For instance, take a

I have a question: what's Wikisource's relations like with that other
well-known source text archive, Project Gutenberg, and its associated
Distributed Proofreaders? And any other source text archives. I must
confess I have absolutely no idea of our relations with them, and it's
the first question that sprang to my mind when I heard of Wikisource.

- d.