[Foundation-l] Good news everyone (tax, servers, amsterdam and wikimedia germany)

Mathias Schindler mathias.schindler at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 12:24:39 UTC 2006

Hi all,

Wikimedia Deutschland is happy to announce that the German tax office
just confirmed the Verein's tax-exempt status. We now have the
continuing ability to issue donation receipts until October 2011.

We're also glad to tell you that we've ordered 15 servers for more
than 50.000 Euros to serve as squids in the NOC in Amsterdam. Even if
this is not much in comparison to the whole Wikimedia server cluster,
it will more than double the server capacities in Europe, which is a
good start, isn't it?

More information (in German):
http://www.wikimedia.de/2006/11/gute-nachrichten/
http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/80424