[Foundation-l] Sexual harassment in Wikipedia

THD theodoranian at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 06:36:55 UTC 2006

Hi, Everyone,

Yesterday, one guy registered an offensive username, "Rape XXX" (XXX is a
female wikipedian's name in real life, but I want to kept the victim
anonymous here) in Chinese Wikipedia, and this guy left a message on the
female's user talk page: "You are in my sexual fantasy. Are you a virgin?" I
was furious about this guy's action and sexual harassment speech. I have
blocked this id forever, and I also suggested the female user to report to
police office. I want to know is there any policy on this issue? In this
kind of situation, will the Foundation cooperate with different countries'
police authority, and reveal the user log record to the authority?

Thanks.

THD