[Foundation-l] Is there a Foundation preferred license?

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 08:06:02 UTC 2006

Hoi,
The GFDL is the license that was available at the beginning unlike some
of what would now be the more obvious. I am sure the GFDL would not be
chosen when we were to chose a license for Wikipedia at this moment. The
GFDL is imho not really suited for much of the data that we have. It was
designed to license manuals to go with software.
Thanks,
    GerardM