[Foundation-l] Wikimania 2007 Team Bulletin, 5 November, 2006

valdelli at bluemail.ch valdelli at bluemail.ch
Mon Nov 6 10:21:25 UTC 2006

Please, don't reply to this thread! If you think to be in the right
way and there is nothing to hide, these answers have no sense.

You are replying to an unofficial email.

As President of Wikimedia CH I have supported Turin as seat of
Wikimania 2007 because in my mind there were some candidatures in
previous editions and a different system, but, after the resolution,
I am happy that Turin will not host this event because the committee,
who has organized this candidature, has found different sponsors who
need also an advantage in exchange for support.

To have an half victory in the choose as host of Wikimania 2007
would been a bad way to assure to the sponsors these advantages and
IMHO it would been a start of an organization "with a lot of risks".
It's would be better to have a wide agreement.

As I have said in the previous emails, I hope that the organization
of following Wikimanias will not ask to have sponsors in advance
because to say at sponsors that a town has not been chosen will avoid
in the future to ask other support from them.

I think that, for these reasons, all Italian Wikipedians agree with
me, except some isolated persons.

Ilario