[Foundation-l] Wikimedia main office

Angela beesley at gmail.com
Fri May 26 15:38:26 UTC 2006

On 5/26/06, Robin Shannon <robin.shannon at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think we need to
> engage anyone who is willing to be engaged in a debate about where we
> should be heading and how we should go about it.

How? Previous public Wikimedia meetings have led nowhere and done
nothing other than highlight how few people in the communities are
interested in _doing_ anything - as opposed to debating on mailing
lists.

> I just think that the future direction of wikimedia
> is up to the community not the board or its officers, staff or
> whoever.

Nice idea... how about you suggest how that might happen? There are
currently two community representatives on the Board, though it's
increasingly obvious that the community are not using either Anthere
or myself to get anything to happen. Anything that does happen comes
through private mailing lists and an increasing number of internal
processes that even Board members don't always have access to.

Angela