[Foundation-l] Wikimedia main office

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Fri May 26 12:10:12 UTC 2006

--- Andre Engels <andreengels at gmail.com> wrote:
> If we have people near D.C. or NYC, they could do that without the
> office being there physically. If we have no people there, then it
> would in my opinion be stupiditiy to move our office there.

Of course we already have people (volunteers) there in the strictest sense. What I’m talking about
is having most or at least the top paid staff there instead of in a place where they won’t be as
effective (a tourist hot spot). Remember, this whole thread started with a mention of hiring a
CEO/Executive Director. I do not propose closing the St Pete office since we have two board
members there along with our main server farm.

-- mav