[Foundation-l] Wikimedia main office

Robin Shannon robin.shannon at gmail.com
Fri May 26 03:40:24 UTC 2006

On 26/05/06, Daniel Mayer <maveric149 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- Erik Zachte <erikzachte at infodisiac.com> wrote:
> > As on several earlier occasions I disagree with Mav on how Wikimedia money
> > would be best spent. Washington D.C. or NYC are very expensive cities.
>
> Not the suburbs of D.C. and to some extent parts of the NYC outside of
> Manhattan. The point, is to
> be in a place where we can most easily establish connections with other
> nations and like-minded
> organizations.

Washington is (and more importantly is thought of as) an *American*
not international administrative centre. It would send a bad message
to the rest of the world if we moved there.

paz y amor,
-rjs.

--
DO NOT SEND ME WORD ATTACHMENTS - I *WILL* BITE!
<http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/sylvester-response.html>

Hit me: <http://robin.shannon.id.au> [broken]
Jab me: <robin.shannon at jabber.org.au>
Upgrade to kubuntu linux: <http://releases.ubuntu.com/kubuntu/breezy/>
Faith is under the left nipple. -- Martin Luther