[Foundation-l] Isn't it getting to be time...

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Fri May 26 02:57:21 UTC 2006

--- Anthere <Anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Nod, a good option as well.
>
> ... only point... Mav is not a member of the comcom. Is that a problem ?

I object for this reason: A great many people who would help with fundraising have little to no
concern about the other functions the communication committee does. The only role I see the comcom
playing in fundraising is creating a press release to announce the start and another press release
to announce the end.

What communication goes on in-between has more to do with financial reporting (daily reports,
which requires access to our financial records ; not something the comcom is set-up for). Comcom
should play a role, but so should finance and tech. My point is that no one pre-thought of
committee is a good fit to handle fundraising. Thus the need for a separate body.

--mav