[Foundation-l] Serbia and Montenegro

Austin Hair adhair at gmail.com
Thu May 25 19:29:04 UTC 2006

On 5/25/06, Austin Hair <adhair at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/25/06, Jimmy Wales <jwales at wikia.com> wrote:
> > … but in any
> > event all of the people commenting, including me, I think we all agree
> > that it should be left up to those local communities to figure out what
> > makes the most sense for them.
>
> I believe this is documented (somewhere) as Wikimedia policy, but even
> if not, it's the undisputed consensus of those involved with such
> decisions.  It's certainly not for us to object if the Serbs get
> together with the Croat community and decide to form a broader
> organization, or if individual Bosnians simply want to join the
> Serbian chapter (which they can, even now).

Just in case this wasn't clear (and I was just told it wasn't), I
still think the whole thing is an insanely bad idea, for reasons I
cover elsewhere in this thread.  I'll continue to do everything I can
to personally discourage it, but as a matter of policy it's not our
place to make demands either way.

Austin