[Foundation-l] Contact in Thailand

Cormac Lawler cormaggio at gmail.com
Sat May 20 13:41:46 UTC 2006

On 5/19/06, Walter van Kalken <walter at vankalken.net> wrote:
> You are starting to speak like a repetative record. A bit more respect
> in your tone could well get us somewhere. A person interested in
> wikipedia. I have spend more fucking hours in the past 2,5 years for
> wikimedia FOR FREE then you will ever do on your salary! Without people
> like me contributing to these projects there wouldn't be any money to
> pay for your cushy job earning topdollars over my back. So a bit more
> respect and a more normal tone should be warranted. Also you are not on
> the board as far as I know.
>
> Waerth/Walter

Walter,

you're misinterpreting what Brad said - he simply pointed out that
you're not (legally) authorised to speak for the foundation - which is
true. The fact that you're interested in pursuing a collaboration is
great - he even said this (read it again - it's below).

I'll also repeat what Michael pointed out in that Brad has done *huge*
amounts of work for the foundation, behind the scenes, *for free*.
Really, huge. He really believes in our ideals - and he knows how the
community works. But the fact that not many people know him possibly
isn't such a surprise :-)

If this collaboration goes well, you're welcome to pass it on to the
Special projects committee
<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special_projects_committee> - we're
here to help out in any way.

All the best,