[Foundation-l] Design for wikipedia's front page (and corporate)

Ben Yates bluephonic at gmail.com
Fri May 19 23:56:38 UTC 2006

> If you're a good designer, creating a
> good layout for wikipedia - do you really want any design ignorant
> admin
> later fiddling with it and maybe destroying it?

A check against this would be to encourage individuals to customize
their own views -- make the links to monobook.css (or whatever the new
name is) more prominant, etc.  If the new layout was on by default for
un-logged-in users but logged-in users retained their current defaults
(monobook, usually -- but with a notice for about a week that there
was a new design available), I think it could work out well.