[Foundation-l] The status of smaller languages on the Wikimedia Commons

Daniel Arnold arnomane at gmx.de
Sat May 6 01:12:10 UTC 2006

Am Samstag, 06. Mai 2006 02:59 schrieb Erik Moeller:
> InstantCommons will not be that difficult, but in order to use it on a
> wiki which has the feature enabled, you will initially have to search
> for a filename on Commons to embed. I think this process of looking up
> media on a separate wiki will lead to gradual adoption, rather than a
> rapid increase of external usage.
>
> Only over time, we hope to build better media search features for
> Commons, and then even embed these in other wikis.

By the way I played a little bit with the the interface in order to improve
the media search in Commons. Have a look at:

http://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Search&uselang=en

I just did make some bold use of [[MediaWiki:Searchresulttext]]. Maybe other
projects find this small idea useful can adapt it for their own needs.

Daniel Arnold / Arnomane