[Foundation-l] The status of smaller languages on the Wikimedia Commons

Aphaia aphaia at gmail.com
Fri May 5 09:20:03 UTC 2006

Hoi,

On 5/5/06, Gerard Meijssen <gerard.meijssen at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> It is abundantly true that we need better support for the localisation
> >> of our project and of our software. There is a subcommittee that deals
> >> with communication and translation. I am sure that they were consulted
> >> before these punitive measures were enacted.

Thank you for your mention on us, Gerald. Would you also be so kind to
let me know where I can find the beginning of this thread? Brianna
quoted your mail but since her mail header contents no In-Reply-To:
then I feel I can't figure precisely the entire discussion of yours.
Related URLs would be helpful as additional information.

And yes, since we are not mere Translation subcommittee, but Promotion
& Translation subcommittee, caring for promotion projects smaller than
our flagship Wikipedia, it is right for you to be recalled the
potential helper working on Foundation activity layer - not as
"meta-subcommittee". Though our contact page is on meta, it is crystal
clear we aren't such - not people caring for and involved into only
meta issues, but attempting both to keep and enhance
multilingalization of our project and help smaller project to work out
smoothly.
--
Aphaia
aka