[Foundation-l] RfC: A Free Content and Expression Definition

Erik Moeller eloquence at gmail.com
Tue May 2 20:34:13 UTC 2006

On 5/2/06, Andre Engels <andreengels at gmail.com> wrote:

> I already mentioned one: The text of the GNU/FDL and the GPL are
> themselves under an ND license.

The GFDL is a legal document which is essential to the operation of
the site. Similarly, the Creative Commons logos are non-free,
trademarked and coyprighted symbols used to identify Creative Commons
texts. We use these documents and buttons where we need them, e.g.,
the logos are allowed to stay on Wikimedia Commons even though they
are non-free.

If Wikisource allows other licenses than the GFDL, it should also host
their license texts, no matter what terms they are available under.
That is a matter of common sense.

Erik