[Foundation-l] Free advertising on Wikipedia

Erik Moeller eloquence at gmail.com
Mon May 1 15:09:00 UTC 2006

> What you say might be true if significant numbers of people people
> were checking links other than at the moment of addition (i.e. when
> they were the top most diff), but they don't.

I would be interested in your data, even if it is old, on what the the
average lifetime of removed links is. That might be a good cutoff
point for nofollow. I should also note that just because this is
currently the case doesn't mean that it will have to stay that way.
There's probably lots of ways to generate useful reports for editors
from the externallinks table.

Erik