[Foundation-l] Free advertising on Wikipedia

Essjay essjaywiki at gmail.com
Mon May 1 09:55:47 UTC 2006

Gregory Maxwell wrote:
> On 4/30/06, Ben McIlwain <cydeweys at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The problem is that the blacklist is on Metawiki, not enwiki, so
>> administrators such as myself can't do anything about it on our own and
>> have to go running to a Meta admin.  Maybe we could add some sort of
>> spam blacklist queue on Enwiki that is regularly viewed by meta admins?
>>  Or more liberally giving out meta adminship might help too.
>>

> There are many meta admins in the admin channel on IRC, I promise that
> you are never far from one. :)

Agree totally; I'm a meta admin, and I'm happy to put stuff on the list,
as long as it is really spam. I wouldn't have a problem with having a
"Requests for blacklisting" page, or with checking it regularly (though
I'm sure it'd be overwhelmed in short order; perhaps one time [just one]
that we could make a request page sysop-only [via protection]?).

Also, I support Brion's suggestion; I trust that after all the work he's
done, he has both the best interests of the site and the best
understanding of what's going on (technically). Go get 'em, Brion <ties
scarf around Brion's sword as he rushes into battle with the spammers> :-D

Essjay

--
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Essjay
Wikipedia:The Free Encyclopedia