[Foundation-l] Instant Commons

Gianluigi Gamba gigamb at tin.it
Fri Mar 31 17:17:34 UTC 2006

> There is a proposal on meta : InstantCommons
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/InstantCommons
>
> I would be happy if some of you could have a look at it (if not at the
> technical details, at least to the general concept - it will not take
> you much time) and give a feedback about it (here or on meta or on irc).

At a very first sight (from a non-technically-skilled user), it's a project
worth being developed.

Making the information we're collecting more easily and widely available to
everyone is coherent with the grounds of the Wiki projects (otherwise, why
and whom should we collect and categorise information for? ;o)

It also provides people willing to re-use Commons content with another way
to do it, already complying with copyright and autorization issues.

My two (euro)cents.
Bye.
G. (aka Paginazero)