[Foundation-l] Meta:MetaProject to Overhaul Meta

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Fri Mar 31 01:30:51 UTC 2006

Matt Brown wrote:

>On 3/29/06, Samuel Klein <meta.sj at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>Yep, it's understandable.  They were listed for bulk deletion; there were
>>no active objections.  But a few hundred irreversible deletions, mixed w/
>>unusual article deletions, are unnerving as someone's first admin actions.
>>

>Not so much when someone is accustomed to being an admin on another
>project and sees a job that needs to be done, I think.
>
>It seems that Meta is unused to people doing such things, which seems
>quite strange to me.

There's nothing strange about it.  You may have built trust in the other
project to enable you to do such things.  You can't assume that the
trust will transfer as easily as your interests.  Perhaps the members of
your new project have established different policies for such things.
Those policies could be diametrically different from the ones that you
are familiar with.

Ec