[Foundation-l] Meta:MetaProject to Overhaul Meta

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 30 10:28:39 UTC 2006

Aphaia wrote:
> I have been  claiming the page which contains the obscene word
> mentioned should be deleted because of its obscenity and making
> editors who are really working on there displeased.
>
> Others, most of them were from en.wikipedia opposed strongly.
>
> And now, that word which I can't utter without harming my own dignity
> and decency appears by thank of an editor  whose edits on meta I don't
> know.
>
> In addition, on RfD on meta, two unexperienced users obsessively claim
> certain pages which are *very useful* for me as a translation
> coordinator should be deleted because they can't understand their
> relevance to meta activity, coordination between projects.
>
> I am fed up with those absurdity.
>
> Anthere said the issues on meta had nothing to the Foundation. If so,
> is it also unappropriate for me to oppose those requested deletions on
> the behalf of communication committee whose subcommittee I belong to?
>
> I feel myself being mimed by those "overhaul" folks. They want to
> deprive my tools from me. I can't imagine in this circumstance what I
> can for coordination.
>
> Aph.

Hi Britty

By "issues on meta had nothing to do with the Foundation", I mean that
meta goes much beyond Foundation issues. It includes Foundation issues,
it includes community issues, it includes technical issues. That's a
melting pot.

If folks want to deprive you from tools you need for your job, request
that they explain why the pages need to go. And explain why they need to
be kept. If they are speedy deleted, speedy undelete them... if you need
a hand, call us ;-)

ant