[Foundation-l] Meta:MetaProject to Overhaul Meta

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 08:06:10 UTC 2006

Aphaia wrote:

>I have been  claiming the page which contains the obscene word
>mentioned should be deleted because of its obscenity and making
>editors who are really working on there displeased.

The word "dick"? As those of us who are native speakers of English
suggested: how about moving the page to "Don't bowdlerise Meta."

I recall you writing a long paragraph in Japanese explaining why this
page in English should be deleted. Is that an example of the
multilingual side of Meta, advocating deletion in a language the
people you are replying to won't understand?

I also recall you attempting to delete the various test wikipedias
from Meta, after they were told by Jimbo to set up there.

Jimbo said to Linuxbeak to go for it with this attempt to make Meta
actually usable as a work wiki, and cautioned that many had foundered
before. The reason becomes increasingly obvious. So I suggest a meta2
be created as an actual current work wiki, and meta be kept with its
primary function as an archive.

- d.