[Foundation-l] Meta:MetaProject to Overhaul Meta

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 20:56:13 UTC 2006

Anthere wrote:

>Actually, you know what I *really* think deep inside ?
>I think that for some reasons, en.wiki is not keeping you busy enough.
>So, you are looking for other things to do. If you want to play moving
>the dust around, fine. This might be useful. But I hope that you do not
>remove very precious artifacts, as you call them.

That's nice. Are you speaking for the Foundation here? I ask because
of opinions expressed by Aurevilly and Delphine on the Communications
Committee list regarding en: Wikipedia. Fairly problematic ones
considering Wikimedia France is the one local chapter that is actually
legally affiliated with the Foundation. I note that Aurevilly just
blanked his en: Wikipedia user page, coinciding with expressing his
contempt for en:wp openly. Just the thing for a Foundation person to
show their high regard for cross project issues.

What on earth is going in in WMF France? Has en: wikipedia been
declared the enemy?

- d.