[Foundation-l] Rodovid.org, family tree wiki, wishes to become a wiki project

Brian brian0918 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 25 23:06:39 UTC 2006

I understand what your saying, but should note that I have seen some
extremely large GEDCOM files floating around RootsWeb, with tens or
hundreds of thousands of people within one family tree. There are also
entire websites devoted to this, which connect several family trees
together. So, it is not as far behind as people might think. It just
requires lots of time and manpower (think Gutenberg's Distributed
Proofreaders for censuses).