[Foundation-l] Rodovid.org, family tree wiki, wishes to become a wiki project

michael_irwin at verizon.net michael_irwin at verizon.net
Fri Mar 24 20:12:04 UTC 2006

Robert Scott Horning wrote:

>After that, you should have a legitimate answer or some solid input from
>Wikimedia users in general over if the idea is a good one or not.  Due
>to the nature of this project, widespread input is especially
>recommended.  Mind you, all of the above steps are outlined in the
>official New Project Policy, as approved by the Wikimedia Foundation
>board.  The examples I cite are from successful projects that at least
>have the attention of the board and very substantial community support.

So Wikiversity has received authority to proceed?

http://en.wikiversity.org/

Still reports wiki as nonexistent.

Unless the geneology project wishes to be in limbo for a couple of years
they might better advised to ignore the advertised Foundation "policies".

Has any wikimedia project ever been approved by the Board by following
the advertised policies and procedures?

Do they (the geneology project) have competing projects initiated at
wikicities.com?

Perhaps they could establish a reference book on geneology at wikibooks
or an appropriate learning portal at wikiversity prototype and proceed
while awaiting committee shuffling  and participant selection process to
gain legitimacy by grandfathering.

lazyquasar