[Foundation-l] Rodovid.org, family tree wiki, wishes to become a wiki project

Benjamin Webb bjwebb67 at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 23 21:09:21 UTC 2006

I understand what you mean, but due to the size of many GEDCOMs, it will be
easier to automate some merging, until we have a sufficient userbase to do
otherwise.

Just to fill you in. What happens with GEDCOM at the moment, is that if
there is a similar person already in the wiki to one in the GEDCOM, then the
importer recieves a message asking him what he want to do. (If this doesn't
make sense, try importing a file yourself.) If you have any problems with
the GEDCOM system, it may be due to the fact that the system, and infact the
whole site is still under development.

Benjamin Webb