[Foundation-l] Etiquette, Civility

Angela beesley at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 10:06:59 UTC 2006

On 3/20/06, Cormac Lawler <cormaggio at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all, as the title suggests, I'm writing about etiquette.
> Specifically, whether it's ok to delete  valid questions or comments
> from a talk page (in the particular case I'm talking about, deleting a
> question from their own user talk page).

What about when the question is from a troll? Would the advice about
[[don't feed the troll | not feeding trolls]] mean might actually be a
good idea in some cases?

Even if the question wasn't from a troll, should people be forced to
communicate with others when they really don't want to? If there's an
issue with an article, that can be brought up on the article talk
page, where it would be wrong to delete it, but I think users should
have some control over whether or not they want to respond to messages
on their talk page.

Angela.